Collioure Les Canadells

<< Back to category :

Technical data

Grape-varieties : 40% Grenache gris, 30% Grenache blanc,10% Macabeu,10% Roussanne, 10% Vermentino.

Yield : 35 hectolitres / hectare

Vinification & ageing : Grapes are picked at the end of August and refreshed before being pressed. Fermentation is achieved in stainless steel tank for 70% and the other 30% ferments in large oak barrel; at low temperature and with regular stirring of the lees.
Then ageing takes place for only few months in tank or barrels.

Alcohol content : 14%

Number of bottles produced : 8 000

The vineyard

The rugged terrain of the Côte Vermeille is schistous rock covered by a thick layer of soil In this Mediterranean climate, the vine must develop a powerful root system to extract the water and nutrients it needs. With a very low yield only (around 5000 stocks/hectare), the exposure to the sun and Tramontane, the grapes are healthful and concentrated

The layout of the vineyard hanging from the steep slopes is dominated by low dry-stone walls that draw horizontal terraces in the landscape, giving the traditional architecture seen. The steepness make any mechanization impossible and work must be exclusively by hand.

Tasting & characteristics

Grenache at low yield confers body and roundness while Macabeu and Vermentino bring vivacity.
Les Canadells offers a fruity nose made of peach and white fruits aromas with a dynamic and well-balanced mouth.

This white is gastronomic, it goes very well with refined fish dishes, grilled squids or octopus and white meats in sauces. Of course, you will enjoy it with cheeses like Reblochon and Comté after a few years stored.

<< Back to category :